2017 Annual Report
The 2016 Disability Statistics Annual Report is a companion volume to the 2017 Annual Disability Statistics Compendium & Supplement. The Compendium presents many tables of data, including state and national values and trends over time. The Annual Report presents statistics from the 2017 Annual Disability Statistics Compendium tables to address the following types of questions:
- How many people with disabilities live in the United States?
- What is the percentage of people with disabilities in different age groups?
- What is the percentage of people with disabilities for different types of disability?
- To what extent are people with disabilities employed?
- What are the earnings for people with and without disabilities?
- What is the poverty percentage for people with and without disabilities?
- Is disability status associated with percentages of smoking, obesity, and binge drinking?
The Annual Report highlights state and trend data, and complements the detailed tables available in the Compendium & Supplement. There is a great deal of variability in disability rates by state and the Annual Report includes maps to highlight this information; each map is related to a specific table from the Compendium.