Due to record-high COVID-19 cases driven by the omicron variant, we have decided to change the structure of this year’s annual disability statistic events. Please visit this event webpage regularly for updates.
State-of-the-Science on Disability Statistics Conference
Date: Thursday & Friday, October 6 - 7, 2022
Time: 11:00 am – 4:30 pm (ET), In-Person Registration and breakfast begins at 10 am
Location: Streaming online via Zoom and in-person at the Holiday Inn, 550 C St SW, Washington, DC 20024
During this two-day hybrid event, experts in disability statistics will provide, describe, and discuss the latest advancements in disability statistic science. Join us in-person or online to gain insights to new research and methods in disability data collection, analytical techniques, and advanced statistical analyses of key topics.
This in-person and online event is hosted by the University of New Hampshire, Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Disability Statistics and Demographics (StatsRRTC). StatsRRTC strives to be inclusive, accessible, and enables everyone to fully engage. Live captioning, CART, and ASL interpretation are available for all attendees. Contact Karen Volle to request an accommodation or for inquiries about accessibility.
Release of the Annual Disability Statistics Collection Webinar
Date: Thursday or Friday, March 10-11, 2022
Time: 12pm - 1pm (ET) each day
Location: Streaming online via Zoom
This event is now complete, you can view the recording and accompanying materials below.
UPDATE 2/8/2022: Join us for the virtual release of the Annual Disability Statistics Collection (formerly known as the Release of the Compendium) on Thursday, March 10, 2022 with a second repeated live broadcast on Friday, March 11, 2022, people can attend either date.
- 12:00 pm Welcome and Overview, Andrew Houtenville
- 12:05 Annual Disability Statistics Compendium, Shreya Paul
- 12:20 Annual Report on People with Disabilities in America, Andrew Houtenville
- 12:30 Infographics – African Americans and Rural, Megan Henly & Sawyer Rogers
- 12:40 Questions & Answers, Andrew Houtenville
- 1:00 pm Adjourn (although we will stay on for longer to answer specific questions)
Download a copy of our presentation materials:
Download copies of the 2021 Annual Disability Statistics Collection:
- You can view and download HTML versions of the Compendium and Annual Report
- Compendium (PDF)
- Annual Report (PDF)
- HTML Versions of the Compendium and Supplement
- Supplement (PDF)
- Infographic: Experience of People with Disabilities in Rural America (PDF)
- Infographic: Social Inequities Experienced by African Americans (PDF)
This collection makes finding and using disability statistics easier for individuals working on legislative and other matters relating to persons with disabilities.
Live captioning and ASL interpretation will be provided during each webinar.